1) Nominee: First and last name (list only one person), contact person (for awards honoring organizations), address, phone, and e-mail. When applicable, the organization’s DUNS and/or EIN, and if known, the state of Michigan House of Representatives and Senate district numbers.
2) Nominator: First and last name, organization (if applicable), address, phone, and e-mail.
3) Award Category: A nominee may be nominated in only one category. See the information under Award Categories for assistance with choosing a category.
4) Nomination Narrative: The nomination narrative answers questions specific to each award and is used extensively by the reviewers when selecting the award recipients. Nomination narratives must include:
- A summary of information about the project, person, or organization being nominated.
- A summary of the energy-efficiency work that has been completed, including any energy savings results that have been documented thus far.
- A description of why this nominee is the best candidate for this award.
- A description of how this nominee positively impacts the state of Michigan.
- A description of any health or safety issues that were improved.
5) Background Check Agreement: Nominees that advance in the selection process may be asked to submit to a background check. It is advised that nominators inform their nominee(s) of this requirement.
- Energy-efficiency project work must have been completed between January 1, 2015, through December 31, 2015.
- All nominations must be submitted by May 20, 2016.
- Only one individual or organization may be nominated per nomination entry.
- Nominators may submit as many nominees as desired.
- Self nominations are permitted.
- If more than one nomination for an individual or organization is submitted, only the first nomination received will be reviewed.
- The final decision on finalists and award winners are approved by the Governor’s Energy Excellence Awards Steering Committee and the Office of the Governor.\
If more than one nomination for an individual or organization is submitted, only the first nomination received will be reviewed.
Review and Notification Process
All nominations go through an extensive review process that involves a volunteer peer review panel. Decisions regarding finalists and award winners are approved by the Governor’s Energy Excellence Awards Steering Committee and the Office of the Governor.
If a nominee is selected as a Governor’s Energy Excellence Awards finalist, the nominator and the nominee will be notified by mail. If a nominee is not selected, only the nominator will be notified by mail.